View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 06:24 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User
Sleeping Question for anyone who sleeps with their baby...

North,
Your responses usually intrigue me and I like your insight. I was wondering what you would do in my situation.

I have a 7 month old daughter whom I still sleep with on the couch. She is either in my arms while we lay down on our sides or I sleep sitting up and she is cradled in my arms. Since she was 5 months old she began to find her hands and explore my face which quickly turned into slapping a sratching me, especially when she is trying to fall asleep and she is fighting it or when she is beginning to wake in the middle of the night.

I don't mind sleeping with her, but I can no longer stand the slapping and scratching of my neck and face. For example she did it for nearly two hours last night, until I lost my patience and I put her in her exersaucer. I was mad and then I just got up to clean at 2am. This is what it has become nearly most nights.

Anyone elses baby do this? I can't take it anymore.....if this is a stage baby's go through then I wouldn't hesitate getting my tubes tied asap because I am not exaggerating, it hurts!