View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 01:56 PM   #1
twoways HB User
Question how about the physical symptons?

I have been diagnosed a bipolar case five years ago. The diagnose was a relief and explained a lot. It was the missing key to everything. The medication, lithium and seroquel, worked well and didn't cause too many side effects. I was a typical bipolar with typical symptoms until I brought up my unexplained physical symptoms in my bipolar support group and nobody else had ever had anything like I had.
Every now and then I get really extremely tired and feel really weak and ill. It hits like a rock from above. My body temperature rises a little and I have pain all over my body.(no cold or flu involved). This happens perhaps once in two months. I better just lie down and wait till its over, if possible, which may take a couple of days. My mood does not turn to depresson, I can plan what I do when I am better again or design furniture, paintings or just christmas decoration or whatever in my mind. If I would feel depressed the way I understand depression, I couldnt think of anything creative and least likely the future, cause right then I wouldnt feel like I have one.
Anyway, it's this extreme fatigue without hopelessness or suicidal thoughts that bothers me. My group, after seeing me like that once, told me I should see a doctor. It was nothing they had ever been through. Yet my doctor tells me I'm depressed! And I can't remember having mania or anything just before. Can sometimes only my body be depressed? Has anyone else had this "physical depression"? Cause it really scares me when it hits me.

Sponsors Lightbulb