View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 05:33 PM   #8
(female)

kazkiwi HB User
Re: SOS.HypoT & extreme moods? HELP PLEASE..

im new to this, got lots of questions....like whats this thing about little kids? the first thing i noticed was the common thread. i was diagnosed hypothyroid a couple of weeks ago, i have 8 month old baby and 3 1/2 yo. for ages ive struggled so hard to maintain some sort of stability, hated myself physically and mentally and now i am starting to grasp that there is a reason for the change...now that im feeling well enough to notice or care...and it looks like there are others with similarities. ive found it good having a diagnosis (totally unexpected tho...went to the dr for severe joint pain) so it hasnt just been shattering exhaustion from working too hard in my job, effect of having babies, laziness and getting older etc as ive been thinking. im just so glad since starting the thyroxine that the week just doesnt go from monday to thursday and back to monday again, that my joints dont ache so much and that im getting a bit of alertness back so i can pay attention in more than a superficial way to my 2 lovely daughters. perhaps my hair will stop falling out before too much scalp is visible! i do hope the mood thing is influenced as my levels build up to...or am i in dreamland... ive had to walk away when i just wanted to 'let rip' over the simplest things which never used to be me...and i know im not being the role model i want to be because im just not entirely in control. does your memory every come back...or is it a case of you dont miss what you dont remember? do you ever feel like serious exercise again? anyone know anything about how thyroxine affected their breast fed baby...im told that it shouldnt affect her but the more milk she has from me i notice odd things like sweating more, sleeping less, irritability. looking forward to picking your brains...an ever-optomistic kaz