Thread: night sweats
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 08:49 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: night sweats

Hi hyper79.

Please know for future reference the only safe way to remove ticks is with tweezers only, by grasping the mouthparts as close to the skin as possible and pulling straight back. Do not remove them with your fingers or put Vaseline, alcohol, or any substance on it, do not burn it with a match. All of these methods irritate the tick, and it will regurgitate into the blood. This increases the chance of infection. If you save the tick, it can be tested for disease at IgeneX lab in Palo Alto, CA.

You may have had a Bicillin shot. One shot would never be enough to treat Lyme disease.

Which lab did your Western Blot test? No Lyme test is completely reliable, and results can vary by lab. When Lyme disease is a possibility, it is very important to see a knowledgeable doctor. Many doctors do not understand Lyme and treat with outdated protocols. Besides Lyme, ticks can transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. Many people who have Lyme are co-infected, and it may affect treatment choice and progress. It is important to be tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA. They use more sensitive testing.

The closest knowledgeable doctor to you that I know of is Dr. Joseph Jemsek in Huntersville, NC. I know how hard it can be finiancially, but if there is some way you could see him it will save you time and money in the long run if you do have Lyme. It is so important to get the proper treatment.

It is also important to learn as much as possible. I recommend reading "Everything You Need To Know About Lyme Disease (2nd edition)" by Karen Vanderhoof-Forschner, and Dr. Burrascano's treatment guidelines. He is one of the top Lyme doctors in the country, and many doctors follow his protocols.

I think you should look into this as a possibility. You have many of the symptoms of Lyme and Babesiosis.