View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 02:50 PM   #16
(female)

scf71 HB User
Re: SOS.HypoT & extreme moods? HELP PLEASE..

Just thought I would jump in here. I am a mom of a 3 year old and a 6 year old. I was prescribed Lexapro for anxiety/depression over a year ago. Shortly after my 2nd was born I started having migraines and went to my GP who tested my thyroid. TSH was 5.0 but he knew enough to prescribe something. I've been on Synthroid since then. Within 6-8 weeks of starting it, I was feeling great. No more lethargy but still probs w/ weight gain and headaches. I also still have serious mood swings. Completely unloaded on my hubby in a psycho kind of way last night. Sheesh! It is really bad with PMS. I'm going to start seeing a natural med doc soon to see if I can get everything in check w/ supplements. My TSH is higher now than it has ever been, even before the Synthroid and that scares me. I'm worrid my darn thyorid is just going to give up on me!

Just wanted to share b/c we all seem to have somewhat similar situations. I hope the meds work for you ladies but also wanted to share my experience with them. My TSH today was 6.7!

Last edited by scf71; 11-15-2006 at 02:51 PM.