View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 02:16 PM   #6
(female)

panky19 HB User
Re: Hemiplegic Migraines

I have had hemiplegic migraines for over 20 years. They usually only happen a few times a year but lately they are happening several times a week. The pain is quite bearable. It is the aura's that drive me crazy. I used to get the droopy eye and numbness but that has not happened in several years. I usually just go to bed for a few hours and it goes away. I try and take some kind of ibuprofin when I first notice it coming on. That usually helps. I really don't like the way my sight is affected. Again, I have had it several times in the last few weeks. I am thinking maybe my glasses need to be replaced. I am working much more on the computer and that the brightness of the screen, and the concentration I have on the screen is straining my eyes, therefore bringing on the migraine. I am more worried about its long term affects. I also have a very bad problem with short term memory loss. My doctor says there is no connection, but I am starting to doubt it. I can't imagine anything happening in your brain over and over and not having any affect on your brain, or your memory. I don't know what else to do. I don't think my doctor thinks it is any big deal. If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it. I think I would almost like to have a CAT scan just to see how everything is in there. If you have any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks
Panky

Last edited by panky19; 12-04-2006 at 02:19 PM.