View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 09:29 AM   #1
(male)

texan7 HB User
Exclamation No Where to turn

I am pretty sure I suffer from strong depression. I am a recently turned 20 yr old male. I was researching this, and it seems that I must seek professional help. But there are several problems with that solution. First of all, I do not have a doctor, and even if I did I doubt I could afford it. Plus, with me in the military, I could kiss my college funding goodbye if they were to find out. I can't even turn to my parents, as they are not the type. I don't even have a trusting friend to turn to. Where should I go? I have difficulty each night going to sleep, and once asleep I never want to get up again. I've lost interest in nearly everything that I used to like, and I don't eat as much as I used to. I have thought about suicide, as expected, but it just won't work. I can't make my family suffer. I used to have a drive in life, but not anymore. I don't even know who I am anymore honestly. I know that I am a kind, sensitive, and loyal guy who cares so much about others, and yet.... well I just don't know anymore. Any suggestions?