View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 11:14 AM   #3
(male)

texan7 HB User
Re: No Where to turn

I appreciate your concern. However, there is a great misunderstanding in reference to the healthcare benefits. Most people don't realize this, but it is only the full time members who get those benefits (as far as I know at least). I am just national guard (part-time), so I do not receive that. As to the cause of my depression, I am not sure. I only recently remembered going to counseling many times since I was just kid, but only faintly. I've been depressed as far back as I can remember. Why it is only now affecting me, I am not sure. I think that throughout my younger years, my innocence, as well as a busy life with school and a two firends, kept me free from the pull of depression. But now that I am older, and living in my own place, Even if I maintain my hectic schedule of a full time student with a full time job, the military and such, I can't hide from it anymore. I still have to go home everynight alone. That is where the trouble starts for me. The only clue I have to it all is the childhood before the age of 7. My mother died one night right next to me. We shared the bed, and I woke up at 4:30 in the morning. She didn't wake up when I shook her. 6 Months later my Great-Grandmother died. Of course, my parents were already seperated by then, and my dad was getting remarried. Though that only lasted 6 years. Just in time for my best friend to die right after my great-grandfather. Of course, last October, I moved in to take care of my granparents (who half-raised me after my mom died). A week later my Granddaddy had a stroke on a Saturday and was dead before Monday. But why should any of that affect me now?

Last edited by texan7; 12-26-2006 at 11:21 AM.