View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 07:45 AM   #1
(female)

Tina81980 HB User
Liver Damage & muscle cramps?

Hello..I'm new here & I am writing reguarding my husband. Just over 3 years ago after returning from Iraq my husband had bloodwork done at the VA, had the following results : underactive thyroid, and elevated liver enzymes. He was told that he had a fatty liver, and that was pretty much the end of that. About the same time my husband started having severe full body muscle cramps, about 3-4 times a month. This has gone on for 3 years, & the Dr.'s seemed to think it was due to activity, or his not drinking enough water. Recently he went to the Dr. due to leg spasms during sleep, he was given Med's for restless leg syndrome, and had bloodwork done. Yesterday we got the results. His liver enzymes are 4 times higher then normal, and the Dr. said the muscle cramps are most likely due to the liver, however just to be safe he is referring him to a neuro. He returns for a liver profile test in a month to see where his levels are. I did some research and found that muscle cramps are common in cirrohsis (sp?). But is it common for the muscle cramps to be severe full body cramps? Any information would be extremely helpful. Thanks.
Tina