View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 06:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Does scar tissue sound like........

Big question here but do you know for CERTAIN that your fusion actually took,and i mean for sure?the absolute best way to find out for sure(believe me i went thru hell and back with this)is a very simple flexion and extension x ray that can be done right in most primarys clinics.i had had an MRI that was inconclusive and a CT that actually stated i definitely was fused,but was having crunching and grinding and intermittant numbness and lots of pain.it took me almst nine months of having to try and just convince my NSs NURSE(the witch from hell)that something wasn't right.she finally sent me for that very simple x ray,and guess what?no fusion.the bottom was but not the top.then it was back to surgery for hardware placement.

you may just want to have this simple x ray done just to make sure the fusion really took,honestly,i am willing to bet that there are alot of people out there who were actually told they were indeed fused like i had been who are still suffering and do not even know that there is not an actual fusion inside their c spines.on this type of x ray,all you do is bend your neck forward and they take a pic,then backwards.if you are actually fused,two of those boney parts that stick up should stick together.if they fan out like when you fan out your fingers?you are not.thats what mine did,a total fan out pic.

this could as your doc said,also be scar tissue too.but it wouldn't hurt you just to be sure.i mean seriously,my CT ststed yes,i was fused,when i very clearly was not.you just want to know for sure.scar tissue is very crunchy too.i hear it everytime i get my trigger points in my neck done in certain areas.its just this big crunchy sound when he sticks that needle in there.icky.

good luck and just double check that fusion so you know for sure.that simple X ray should actually be done on every single patient instead of MRIs and CTs.this really does tell you for sure without a doubt.let me know,K?good luck,Marcia