View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 11:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: Confused - what do you think?

Hmmm...it really doesn't sound like you should have the shakes when you've gone from 137 to 81. 56 points is really not [B]that[B] big a drop. I wonder if you're just super-sensitive to the changes in your blood glucose levels?

This is going to be a pain in the neck (or more precisely...in the fingers!), but if you can, start testing after meals at the one hour, two hour, and three hour mark. You don't have to do it after every single meal, but do it as often as you can. I think that's going to be the only way to determine exactly what the heck is going on with your levels.

And, no, I don't think taking 4g of carbs is too much, but if you can get away with it next time you have the shakes, try taking only 2 or 3 g of carbs. I'm thinking that your body just may need to get used to lower blood sugar levels?

There's also something called "Metabolic Syndrome" which can cause weird blood sugar levels along with elevated cholesterol and triglycerides. Unfortunately, I don't know very much about the syndrome, but maybe someone else will jump in here and give you some more input.

Ruth