Thread: Devastated
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 03:17 PM   #10
(male)

KH2129rulz HB User
Re: Devistated

Lorrie, I realize it's not necessarily a death sentence. I'm trying to reassure my son. He actually overheard my wife and I discussing it. I wasn't going to say anything to him until after I was sure of something. These are basically the fears and concerns that are consuming my thoughts. I don't want to project this negativity on my family. I've always worn my heart on my sleeve and I guess I've always been somewhat of a pessimist. I guess I'm looking for a way to get my mind off it, but nothing seems to work. My family's emotional well being is as important to me as my physical, or medical, well being. We made a pact not to talk about it until something's confirmed one way or another. It's too cold for golf and NASCAR season isn't here yet, lol. That would help get my mind off it. One other thing that's really eating at me. I recently located my daughter that I haven't seen in 18 years. She's 20 and expecting in July. We are actually hitting it off pretty well. Her step father committed suicide when she was 13. She's had it rough. She's feeling good about having a father and I may have to drop this bomb on her. I've got alot on my plate (as far as worrying). I really admire the strength you all show. I guess I need to dig deeper than ever. I'm not a real religious man, but I've been wearing out God's ear. I'm certainly including all of you in my prayers. Just by posting on this forum today, I feel a bit better about the diagnosis. You've been thru it. I need to take your advice. I was trying to watch TV a little while ago, and guess what commercial comes on? Center for Cancer Care. LOL On the serious side though. If the diagnosis is LC, the Center for Cancer Care of Goshen, IN is supposedly one of the best in the Midwest, top 10 in the country. That helps knowing that. Thanks for letting me ramble on and like I said, you're all in my thoughts and prayers.