View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
(female)

Qtant36 HB User
Help--I'm scared to death

I have been on this website reading for days and to be honest you guys have me scared out of my mind...Well, okay, I was scared out of my mind before I even got on this website.....lol However, this website has just added to my fears. I have had neck problems for years. Back in 2003 I was told that someday I would have to have surgery (started having problems back in 1990), but I didn't think it would be this soon. I have been through physical therapy twice since 1990. I have always had neck/shoulder pain and some tingling in my fingers/toes since 1990. However, in the past 6-8 months I have noticed stiffness/tightness in my legs, can't walk for long distances, can't really run, and losing my balance quite a bit. My legs feel so heavy. I decided to start looking into it. I received my first opinion so far and of course it's fusion surgery at the C5/6 area. I am scared to death. I am doing a lot of research and have scheduled a 2nd and 3rd opinion in February. I also found online a place in Tampa, Florida called LaserSpine Institute. There is no fusion there less evasive of a surgery. I don't know what to do.....Please help....