View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 05:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User
Re: Not quite sure what to do.

The first thing I will tell you is forget about "Tony". He has pretty much told you to move on without using those exact words. He blames you for his actions. He tells you his family doesn't like you. His friends think you are bad for him AND tell this to you. Why would you want to waste anymore time with this guy? Don't wait for him to dump you. Don't answer the phone when and if he calls you when he comes back from Brazil.

As far as "Jon" goes. He obviously has some feelings for you. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? You say he is 11 years older, which really isn't too big a deal depending on how old you are. If your 20 and he's 31 that's a little different than you being 29 and him being 40, you know what I mean. I think the best thing for you right now would be to talk to "Jon" about your feellings. You are in the process of ending a bad relationship and the last thing you should do is jump into one with anybody. Let him know you need some time to sort out your feelings. If he is as great as you say he is I would think he would understand.

You sound like you still think pretty badly about yourself. Maybe some "me" time would do you some good. You should find what makes you happy and persue it. You can't expect anyone else to love you until you love yourself. Start there and everything else should fall into place.