View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 06:10 PM   #9
(female)

Tiz HB User
Re: Lymphoma or Lung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bovine View Post
I will try one more time to get some replies to my questions. What are the odds that it is either lymphoma or lung cancer if the medistinal and hilar lymph nodes are enlarged in the chest and both sides of the supraclavicular lymph nodes. No other symptoms at all. Was treated several years ago fro H pylori. Perhaps it didn't eradicate it. Biopsy not back yet but was given the impression that it could be either one of these cancers. PET scan apparently did not reveal any other organs involved--at least that is what the doctor said.
Hi. I'm sorry you're not getting your questions answered... I don't know anything at all about lymphoma... but I know PET scans can show active infections as if they are cancer... any active infection will "light up" the same way cancer does.

Another thing I know is that ALL doctors are trained to expect the worst when it comes to nodules and masses, they say "until proven otherwise, it's cancer", so maybe that's why they're being so "grim" with you and making you feel like they think it HAS to be cancer. Try to be patient, hopefully it's not and the doctors will find out soon what it is.

I'm sorry I can't help you more...............Tiz.