View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 11:39 AM   #2
(female)

chickie99 HB User
Re: Not GERD but similar symptoms... anyone else experience this??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogs66 View Post
Basically for the past year after I eat (not food specific that I can tell) some food comes back up. Mouthfulls of food really, that come up with a burping. It is not vomiting. There is no wretching. I do not experience pain. My regurgitation is not acidic and can even begin as fast as coming up while I am sitting eating a meal or wait as long as 2 hours to come back up. I have had a bunch of tests all inconclusive, testing anywhere from motility issues to gallbladder issues and nothing. I have been lumped into the grouping of having IBS and I have a hilitial herna, though that is too tiny to cause any of these problems Dr.s say. My Dr's think maybe cyclic vomiting disease or gasteroparesis but I am not a testbook case on either diagnosis. Any ideas??
I know this is a very simple answer but I had similar problems a while ago. I grind my teeth and therefore when I chew my food - it doesn't get ground up enough. If the food is not ground up enough the saliva - first step in digestion and breakdown doesn't complete it's job. When the saliva isn't concentrated into the food enough and it hits the stomach, the stomach can kick it back up. Is there a possibility that you're not chewing your food thoroughly? Perhaps even eating too fast?

Maybe try to really slow down when you are eating and if necessary decrease your portions so you can take your time. Chew every bite thoroughly and slowly. Relax and see if that helps?