View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 09:31 PM   #5
(female)

campmom HB User
Re: Question about when someone actually dies....

Squelchie,
My mom had cancer and was staying in my home under the care of Hospice. She died three weeks ago on 1/30/07. She was surrounded by her family as she took her final breath. I had always dreaded the moment when she would actually leave me but there was such a peace in the room at the moment she passed. She had suffered so much. The hardest part has been after the funeral. We miss her soooo much!! It is still hard to believe that she is gone. I do not regret being with her when she died. She has always been there for me. I had been with her every step of the way during her cancer and I was not about to desert her when she died. I bathed her after she died, which meant a lot to me. We stayed with her for a couple of hours and had prayer and time to just take in what had happened. It was an experience I will never forget. I love her so much and I am glad was there for her at the end. You will be too. I am so sorry you are going through this. I have lost two babies, which was hard and losing my mom has been one of the hardest things I have ever done. She was my mom, friend, and confidant. I will miss her forever.

Campmom