View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 09:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: What's up with the green tea restrictions?

don't know the actual answer to this but i am guessing that there must be something in that particular tea that could affect things as far as blood clotting ability or some other effect on the body.alot of herbals can have alot of different types of side effects thats all.alot of the actual meds we take actually come from plants or herbs that are found out in the wild.i know the heart med digitallis comes from the actual flower digitallis.so there could be alot of different types of reactions that certain plants and herbals can have that could adversely affect a particular body system or the blood.

try doing some searches on green tea and possible side effects and see what comes out of it.you could also just call the surgeons office and ask them about it.they would probably be able to actually tell you right over the phone.if this surgeon tells his patients not to do something,his staff is usually aware of the "whys'.just a suggestion for you.i too would kind of like to know the answer to that question too.this is the first i have ever heard of it being something not to take pre op,and i have had like five surgeries over the past few years.

sharing info IS a really great thing,you can always learn more,and definitely benefit from the accumulation of others experiences.good luck on the surgery,marcia