View Single Post
Old 08-12-2003, 11:06 AM   #4
(male)

FargoUT HB User
After about two months on Paula's Choice products, my face is virtually 98% clear. There are still some breakouts along my jawline and on my chin, but for the most part, they are a thing of the past. I truly hope it stays that way.

I'm about to order some more of her stuff because I'm running low. I bought a small size of the Oil Controlling Mask but I've only used it a couple times, so there's plenty left over.

I prefer the 2% BHA Liquid Solution (goes on like a toner--and if you have oily skin, the liquid solution is preferable to the lotion). I also bought the Skin Balancing Cleanser, which is my favorite cleanser now. I don't wear makeup (being a guy), so I don't know how well this stuff would be to remove makeup, but it works extremely well for me. I use the regular-strength Blemish Fighter every other day. I've never noticed that a higher percentage of BP has done anything more except irritate my skin. So I stick with the 2.5% version.

I would also like to add that I have been extremely strict when it comes to this skin care regimen. I don't miss a morning or evening. If you have an active social life (I have not had one because of self-esteem issues), it may be hard to follow. But routine is the key to keeping your skin clear. It took me about a week or two to see my acne reducing, and a month to be mostly clear. Two months through, and here I am. I have not stopped my routine, and I have not had many breakouts. Coincidence? I think not.

I'm extremely excited because I no longer have to wake up and fear looking in the mirror. Paula's Choice even cleared up my milia problem! However, I will say I do use Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Face Lotion (AHA and vitamins). I put that on every night before I go to bed. I definitely recommend using an AHA on top of a BHA (but not together--use the AHA in the morning, and the BHA at night, or vice versa). My skin is even better than when I was on Accutane--I don't have any side effects, and my skin tone is improving.

Now the final problem--body acne. I hope Paula can come up with a body care line to take care of body blemishes. Or maybe she has... I will have to check her website again.

[This message has been edited by FargoUT (edited 08-12-2003).]