Thread: im new on here
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 12:39 PM   #2
(female)

Scorcher HB User
Re: im new on here

Hi Emma,
I have just joined and saw your post. I am 34years old too but I weight 24st, I started at 27st 8lb, it has taken me a year to lose 3 and a half stone. You seem really down on yourself, it is really sad that you are so hard on yourself. The person inside isn't allowed to shine through because you are letting your weight stop you! Your husband and kids love you which means you are very much a loveable person and I bet you are a lovely person with a great personality and good to have as a friend. How many skinny people do you know who are really lovely people? Can you name a lovely skinny model? You have to learn to love yourself. You should stand up tall, be yourself and enjoy life, living it to the full! The happier you feel the easier it will be to lose weight, you will find you have more energy. Look at yourself in the mirror, take a close look at yourself and pick out the parts you like. The parts you aren't keen on, just tell yourself, I don't like them but I accept them and can change them!
I would very much recommend the Paul Mckenna book, "I can make you thin", it has some good ideas but it also helps with your lack of confidence, it is less than 7 in asda and well worth a read. Remember no matter what your weight, you are as good as everyone else so stand tall!

By the way when we had the snow recently I took my 3 sons to the park and was sliding down the hill will them, I also fit on the fair rides now so go on them when we go to butlins. I am trying to enjoy life to the full and so should you. I know it isn't easy. I still have bad days but I find my way through them, yesterday I felt low when hubby who didn't realise how I was feeling picked me up from the fitness centre I go to, I had been swimming. My kids got out the car and presented me with a gorgeous single red rose, I burst into tears. It reminded me of just how much they love me! I still feel low today but I try to stay positive and tell myself tomorrow will be better.
I hope this helps and wish you all the best.
Best wishes,
Scorch