View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 05:57 PM   #4
(male)

keyboardplaya HB User
Re: Please help! Difference in parenting....

I grew up with my dad drinking beer during at least half of our dinners, sometimes even being offered to take a sip when I was as young as 8. I don't say that to shock you, though. I never became an alcoholic. I'm in college now, and even when I did drink it was no more than two beers or two glasses of wine. I've never been drunk in my life. My sister, on the other hand, drinks all the time and has smoked pot a few times.

I'm trying to quit drinking now, since my girlfriend disapproves (she's had bad feelings about drinking since she was about 4), but on my own I still wouldn't go overboard. I personally don't find anything wrong with drinking in the house, as long as it's not constantly there. My dad never forced me to drink, but sometimes I'm glad he did, because now alcohol isn't such a big deal to me, as it is with other people. To me, it's just another type of drink. It can do some damage if you drink too much of it, but then, so can Coke.

The point is, I don't drink to get drunk. I drink because I'm thirsty. That's my philosophy. I kind of wish my girlfriend let me drink a little, because I don't like rules in a relationship like that, but oh well. I'll live. I guess as long as you still allow sex in the house, he'll be okay. ;-)

Oh, and if you're worried about teens drinking in your house, just keep count of your beer.

Last edited by keyboardplaya; 03-15-2007 at 05:58 PM.