Thread: New to CFS
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 11:51 AM   #1
(female)

desperate1 HB User
New to CFS

Hi there, I am new to this syndrome and these boards contain such valuable information. My doctors so far are of little help as they all say "they don't know much about chronic fatigue." They keep trying to put me on Elavil, which I took previously and it caused me to gain weight but I didn't get any positive effect from it. They have yet to offer me any other ideas for treatment, so I have been doing TONS of research on my own. This is difficult because I am so weak (muscle weak) and fatigued and have major brain fog (feels like my cognitive functioning has slowed to almost a halt), but I have come across some good sites.
I am wondering if anyone has taken any of the following for CFS, and if so, could you share your experiences? (I don't want to show up at a doctor's office and ask for any of these without being armed with a lot of info, for fear of looking like an addict trying to score pills or something!):
Ritalin, Dexadrine, Wellbutrin, Provigil, Phentermine, Cymbalta, Lonamin.
These are the ones I keep seeing come up in articles, so I am looking into them.
Thanks!