View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 06:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User
Re: Introducing Myself & My Acid Reflux Problems!

I know what you mean about Googling your symptoms, and then thinking you have everything you come accross. But let me tell you, posting your health problems on Healthboards is really an awesome thing to be able to do. It really helps to hear from others who are going through the same things. I too suffered from acid reflux for so long that I had burnt vocal cords as well and a burnt esophagus. Meds didn't do a thing for me, neither did diet changes, or anything else. So in January of this year, I had the Nissen Fundoplication surgery done. It was a tough surgery to go through, but man was it worth it!!! I have not had heartburn or reflux in 8 weeks! And I had been dealing with both for over 10 years, at least! My dr said it was basically down to the point were I needed the surgery, it was my only hope. Again, I am so glad I did it. And by the way, dairy can cause a ton of acid reflux problems. So that's probably why you got it right after eating the cheese. Anyway, hang in there with it, and hopefully you can find something that will help you out for the most part, and if you have any questions, I'm here for you! As is everyone else. Chances are any problem you're having, someone else on here has had it too...so we can all relate to one another.