View Single Post
Old 08-12-2003, 08:34 AM   #3

livenlearn HB User

unfortunately, there's nothing that competely takes them away.... there are, however, techniques used by plastic surgeons that make them "less noticable".... microdermabrasion... chemical peels... or more extreme laser surgery..... all of these are a type of resurfacing the skin.... soo... to take a less extreme approach... i would try something with glycolic acid to exfoliate the skin.... the retin-a was on the right track... and if you use it everyday, once the initial peeling is out of the way .. it does really make your skin look better....

i use 10% glycolic acid daily.... Alpha Hydrox AHA enhanced creme... it's oil free, ... i've been using it everyday for probably over a year.... and i've noticed an improvement in scars... pretty significant too.... something i read about "curing" acne and scars was exfoliation and benzoil peroxide.... funny, i've been using that theory for a long time (before i even read about it)... and i'm 100% clear, and my scars have diminished..... worth trying.. if anything the exfoliation is going to make your skin look much healthier... just be patient with it.... and you're young... chances are doing this now is going to make your skin look much better in the long run.....