View Single Post
Old 08-14-2003, 10:02 AM   #5

jen56 HB User
Laser is not for use for ice pick scars, it works better for rolling or box type scarring. In fact, CO2 can make your ice pick more noticeable. FOr that matter Chemical Peels will do nothing for your ice pick scars unless they are extremely shallow. I have had both procedures and several chemical peels and it just doesnt go deep enough.

The best procedure is to have punch grafting or excision and then resurfacing. It will leave tiny hairline scars, so wont work that great for all over ice pick scars. But if you have some that are worse than others I would try that.

I have also had punch excision and grafting, didnt work so good for me. It does however help others. Unfortunately acne prone skin tends to not heal as welll and therefore my graft died.

I also tried collagen in some of my tiny ice pick scars and that didnt work either.

It really depends on how deep your ice pick scars are, dermabrasion for example can make your ice pick scars larger. When the top layer of skin is sanded off it reveals the deeper scar layers. Sometimes scars are wider under the deeper tissues that you cant see with the naked eye.

I am not trying to scare you, you just need to be informed. I would go to a cosmetic dermatologist and ask their opionion. I think they are by far better than regular dermatologists and plastic surgeons, just because they have the experience of facial surgery while understanding the certain dynamics of different skin types.

Good luck!!