View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 07:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Are your doctors missing something???

Bethsheba,

Well said.

Acid reflux is the result of your body for some reason producing more acid than necessary. This can be chronic due to year round alleregies and drainage.. or seasonal. It can also be the result of many other biological conditions.

But sleep is necessary for everyone allergy prone or healthy. If you do not get adequate sleep and long enough durations of ALL five stages of sleep, your body can not repair and regulate itself properly. This effects everything from you immune system to your pulmonary system and even growth. Treeating my sleep apnea has not fixed my acid reflux, but it has helped. I only have to take one pill versus two a day now. My food and environmental allergies just make me an acid factory.

Bethsheba is spot on. If your treatment is not working do not allow yourself to be talked into acceptance. Keep searching for the cause so that you can fix it to the best of the current art of medicine allows and improve the rest of your life!

respectfully,
MG