View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 11:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Are your doctors missing something???

On'Line Rebel,

But sleep is necessary for everyone allergy prone or healthy. If you do not get adequate sleep and long enough durations of ALL five stages of sleep, your body can not repair and regulate itself properly.

This was not an attempt to say everyone has sleep apnea, you may not. But we couples are not just effected by our own sleep habits, but those around us. There are sleep centers that require pairs to be tested together. My husband and I literally beat each other black and blue in our sleep if we get too close. Now we sleep on our CPAP's we are tethered and don't trespass into each other space as much. One can not get good sleep when their spouse literally kicks them out of the bed into the crevice between wall and bed.. or sleep well as a light sleeper when external noise is a factor.

My grandparents had to sleep in separate rooms to get relief from snoring. My mother and father just snore over each other until the disturb all others in the house.. that is still amusing to me. My husband and his father do the same... along with my border collie.

As Bethsheba said.. I didn't know of my sleep apnea, I don't snore like my parents or husband, or brother. But I do gasp, stop breathing, wake up more than three times a night, and sufferer from the characteristic fatigue and inability to lose weight with out my machine CPAP. If not for you, for your husband's sake you might want to try and talk him into a tandum sleep study.

Sincerely,
MG