Thread: Polymiositis
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 10:32 AM   #1
(female)

Michelle71 HB User
Polymiositis

I am a 35 yr old mother of 2. My symptons started in 2005 with tripping, followed by difficulty walking up stairs, then difficulty standing up and walking, now i can't walk at all and my arms and hands are weak. i've had 3 emg's, 2 muscle biopsy's, on 80 mg of predinsone now for 4 1/2 months, done the ivig, which caused me to get chemical menengitis the second time. I noticed also that when they started to take me off the prednisone i felt stronger a little, thought it was just me. Emotionally, this is killing me, i feel trapped inside myself. i was very active with my girls and now stuck. Going to Cleveland Clinic in Ohio for more tests and another opinion in a couple of weeks.

I am curious as to what kind of transportion everyone is using. I am looking into a lift that attaches to the inside of my truck on the passenger side, but have been told getting a van is better. Just doesn't feel that safe being in the wheelchair in the vehicle. But at this point i can't stand being stuck in the house. Opions and advice are welcome.