Thread: Medications
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 06:10 AM   #4
(female)

whitewolfee HB User
Re: Medications

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylwill1152 View Post
Hi lolasmom, reading the Myth of Ostooporosis[I] will give you lots of good info and will also help put things into perspective. I found it to be very helpful After taking actenol for a couple of months and decided it wasn't the road i wanted to take. I am now taking strontium, a natural supplement, that has shown good results without the side effects fo the other drugs available. There are several threads about it on the board or you could do a search. Weight bearing exercises will also help. take care...phyllis
I have taken many different drugs for osteo, and none of them did much good to my bones. Now, I have been taking Forteo for almost 2 years. It has helped according to my bone test. Actually it shows I am now in the early stages of osteo )I can't remember the name of the condition). I need to see a rheumatoid doctor to see where to go from here. Has anyone gone through the drugs available and then the two years of daily shots? I also suffer from fibromyalgia which causes such terrible pain and confusion. I'd love to hear what some of you might have to say about what they do now that all the routine has been explored for osteoporosis.

Last edited by whitewolfee; 04-11-2007 at 06:12 AM.