View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 08:59 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User
Battles while I am making dinner....

Hi all. Ds is going to be 2 very soon, and lately making dinner has turned into a nightmare. I'm not cooking a 7 course meal that takes a lot of time, maybe 20 minutes. He's so miserable during this time. I've tried giving him pots and pans filled with veggies or water for him to "pretend" play with, allowed him to help with things that are not dangerous etc. He just whines and cries while I'm cooking. He also goes for his highchair as soon as I pull out a pot, expecting to eat right away, when I try to explain to him that it's not ready yet. He's not hungry or at least starving at this time, trust me. I just don't know what else to do for him. This is something I have to do, there's not much of a choice. I've tried cooking when he takes his afternoon nap, but it's just not convenient. I've also tried to put on an Elmo tape or something like that, but he just winds up coming in the kitchen screaming because I'm not paying attention to him. He's not tough like this really, at any other time, but dinner.Any suggestions?