View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 05:37 PM   #5
(female)

jcinsbca HB User
Re: driving me insane

Oh my gosh you have no idea how much I can empathize with you! I feel like I have what must be termed "post-traumatic lice syndrome" I am NOT kidding. I am a single mom with only one child (a daughter) but we have been going through absolute hell the past 3 weeks. First off, she had (past tense as I had to cut it short) waist length hair that was very beautiful. I spent HOURS combing through all of that hair for a week trying to get every single last nit out of her hair because if you leave even one, it can start another round of infestation. I washed and washed and vacuumed and swept and mopped and went insane cleaning and broke replacing items. My friends stayed away because they were afraid to get it, so invision doing all of this work while trying to work full time and feeling totally abandoned and alone...ostracized is more like it.

Anyway, I totally feel your pain more than you know. I have this terrible fear that it will never go away. I feel like I have to live my life around this gross and annoying parasite because they happen to like my daughters head! I also cannot describe to you the utter fear that I feel everytime I go through my daughter's hair looking to see if she has lice or not. My heart is in my throat and I feel like I'm going to throw up or something. Is there any way to make sure that your child never gets this again? There should be a support group for this!!!