View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 12:48 AM   #13
(female)

JennaLynnK HB User
Re: Can a doctor tell if you are a virgin or not?

I agree with what most of the ladies said before me.

I also wanted to put out there as something for you to think about. This could quite possibly be her way of gaining access to a doctor, without you asking any question. I'm sure that she is aware doctors cannot disclose to you personal information regarding her sex life, and so whatever she says in the examination room, won't reach your ears. I am not saying that this is for sure the case, but it is something you need to think about.

Your best bet is to sit down and talk to her. Explain to her that you will honestly believe her if she tells you the truth, because there isn't much more you can say other than that without pushing her away. Then go on to tell her the consequences of having sex, unprotected and protected. Tell her that you are always there if she needs someone to talk to, and that if she does confide in you, you won't be mad. This is very key, because most of the time a child doesn't confide in their parents for fear of retribution. She will be more willing to talk if she knows that you aren't going to get upset with her and start not trusting her and do other various things.

Regardless of what she ends up telling you, if she still is insisting on the doctors exam, knowing that he cannot fully tell whether or not she is a virgin, I would let her go. If she is having sex, she needs to be on birth control pills, or at least be educated on the subject.