View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 05:39 AM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Tivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB User
Re: Can a doctor tell if you are a virgin or not?

I agree with Jenna. I think it's important for you to allow your daughter to feel free to speak in confidence with the doctor to help her work out whatever is going on with herself. If you take that away from her, she may rebel even more or have additional problems.

I understand you're concerned and you don't know what to do. But try to remember what it was like when you were younger and how your privacy was something you really valued at her age. Once a parent steps over that line, it's hard for the relationship to be anything but strained from that point forward. That's a fact.

Please try to be more understanding with your daughter. I agree that getting the doctor's note to prove whatever you're trying to prove to some outside party is a really bad idea. That's actually kind of lame. You're better off just taking her to the doctor so that she knows where she's at from a health standpoint, and then allowing her to have the privacy to address any questions she may have with the doctor at that time.

And you never know, if you reiterate to her that her discussion with the doctor will be kept just between the two of them, then she might actually respect you a lot more for allowing her to keep that privacy intact. And I think that at this age, a teen needs to feel like their privacy is being respected, or else they tend to get really rebellious and mean and all hell breaks loose.