View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 08:12 PM   #3
(female)

angelclo HB User
Re: Just need some one to talk to

Hi, my heart goes out to you, especially at this time with the anniversary so close.

I lost my son in 2001 - he stopped breathing in my arms and although I gave him CPR (REMOVED) I couldn't save him. It doesn't stop me blaming myself even now, and I know nothing anybody will say to you will stop you blaming yourself.

I would like to say though that even though the hurt doesn't get any less, you start to cope with it better...especially once all those first milestones are over.

As for her photos, of course you want to see them, even if they do hurt. Her life, no matter how short, was part of your life and she will always be your daughter.

Two of my kids watched me try to resuscitate their brother and they were 4 and 3 at the time. There is a beautiful book about waterdragons which is a fantastic way to help kids understand dying and I think it would be brilliant for your son. It simply tells the story of how waterdragons at some stage in their life leave the pond by swimming up to the surface and never coming back. One waterdragon is scared to do this but of course has to and when he bursts through the water surface he is amazed at the beauty surrounding him - sky and plants and creatures etc. The story is an analogy for Heaven and makes complete sense to young kids.

Good luck, please feel completely free to reply if you want to talk some more.

Last edited by moderator2; 06-12-2007 at 08:42 PM. Reason: PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THE POSTING POLICY - PEER SHARING ONLY ON THESE MESSAGE BOARDS