View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 02:28 PM   #16
Inactive
(female)

tsohl HB User
Re: Lamictal questions...

Hello 4Support,

Nice to hear from you. To answer or attempt to answer your question, I would say "yes." I think the key is that the indivdual has to have some self-awareness and be willing to accept that he indeed has a mental disorder. I think the longer an individual is on meds and feels good (and recognizes they need the meds), there is an awareness what can through things off.

Let me know if you find a way to get over those feelings of fear!! For me, the fear has definitely lessened. But in the back of my mind there is always a teeny bit of fear that something could happen to overturn that hard-won stability. But then I think, well, he found stability once; we can find it again if something should happen. You can't let fear overwhelm you.

I ran across an interesting article on the internet today that I believe you would find helpful. Search fo Dr. Arnold L. Lieber. The topic of the article is Bipolar Spectrum Disorder. In it he addresses the issue of ADHD in bipolar patients.

I hope your husband is starting to understood how you stood by him during difficult times. Does he have any awareness of how his behavior affected you?

He may find that he cannot drink at all. I discovered that during the time my son was so ill. I don't seem to have the personality that allows me to have one or two glasses of wine. If I have one, I want the whole bottle. If I were with others, I might even want another bottle! So I just don't drink at all anymore. It is easier and I do not miss it.

Hope all is well with you and your family. When do you go to Canada?

Cheers,
Tsohl

Last edited by tsohl; 06-24-2007 at 02:29 PM.