View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 08:55 AM   #1
(female)

AllieBee HB User
Had tonsillectomy/uvulectomy on June 25th, anyone else recovering?

Hi, I'm new! My name is Allie, I'm 34 and on Day 6 of recovering from a tonsillectomy/uvulectomy on the 25th. Wow, has this been an experience (blech).

I spent the first night in the hospital to be monitored for sleep apnea and then discharged to my mom's house for recovery. My 2 year old is home with my husband and his parents and the pain of not seeng her is worse than any physical pain I'm dealing with. But it has been nice to be able to sleep around the clock and just concentrate on healing.

The first few days weren't bad, I mostly slept and took meds. Then on day 3 the pain started, bad. It wasn't just the throat and ears, even though the pain was intense there, but also the wooziness of the medicine. I could barely stay awake for an hour at a time. Just the nausea in itself was almost unbearable.

Anyway, I'm on Day 6 now and things are definitely looking up. I'm able to stay awake for longer than an hour, able to eat and drink regularly. I will say that dairy foods are the enemy for me! Any yogurt or ice cream I tried coated my mouth with the most icky taste and gave me a terrible upset stomach. Pretty much the only things I've been able to eat and tolerate are chicken noodle soup (now with noodles, yay!) and Gatorade.

Anyway, I'd love to hear how things progressed for any of you beyond Day 6, and what I might expect in the next few days. Hope all of you recovering out there are doing OK and hanging in there.

Last edited by AllieBee; 06-30-2007 at 08:56 AM.