View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 11:04 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Just need to vent. . . . .yet again :-)

mmmcoffee,

You need to check out the Alzheimers board here also. One of the women has posted about the damage that it did her children by moving her mother into their house. How her son is still recovering from it years later. You think you are doing a good deed, and you are, but this puts a tremendous burden on not only you, but your hubby and your children.

You need to be very aware that you are running yourself ragged. Don't let taking care of your parents overwhelm your family life. You need to think of how long your family can endure this..I'm sure your parents wouldn't want your marriage to suffer because you're take care of them.

There also will come a time with your mother that you will have to face putting her in a home. It is a difficult decision to make and painful...I know. All the best to you and yours....please take care of yourself. If you burn out, not only will you suffer, but your family and children plus your children. And my dear, your siblings can pitch in and help out more too...