View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Does parents arguing affect kids?

It can. It is best not to argue in front of the kids. Take it to another room or wait til the kids are a sleep. Make sure you are calm and try to discuss it. Kids will do as they see and if they see you all going at each others throat, they will be more willing to do the same.

My husband and I have good scotch irish tempers we can blow up easily. But we have learned not to blow in front of our child and were determined not to do it after he was born.

This is what we came up with as a means to deal with conflict. We make a list of our problems: what is bothering us, what we feel needs to be done, etc. We pass them too each other once a week then take a day or two to think over and consider the issues and then come up with our responses and discuss them. This allows us to rationalize and have time to consider the other persons point of view and we can resolve problems with out yelling and such. I don't know if this will work with you and your fiance, but it never hurts to ask.

Sincerely,
MG