View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 11:57 PM   #1
(female)

rayne081 HB User
God, I miss my mom!!! I'm new to this site.

She died April of 2001 a couple weeks before my son's 1st birthday. Sometimes, it hits me suddenly (even now after all 5 years) and I have to cry. When, I hear old songs, or even look at the Cosby show, I'm reminded of a time when all seemed right and secure with the world, with my life. Never in a millon years would I have imagened that I would be 25 years old without my mom. Even as I type this I'm crying. There are so many things I want to talk to her about, so many new experiences I want to share and get her advice and help on. Sometimes I feel like I'm winging it as a parent and I would give anything to just talk to her again, feel her arms around me, reassuring me like no one else ever will, the way a mom does. She always made me feel like I could do anything, be anything. I look in the mirror and I see her looking back at me. I just don't think it's fair, my children will never know what a wonderful person she was. She was 51 years old when she died of colon cancer, I was 18 going on 19 at the time. Time has made it more easier to cope with, but what do you do when you get those...moments..when all you can do is cry?