View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 09:04 AM   #3
(female)

cactusqty HB User
Re: God, I miss my mom!!! I'm new to this site.

Dear Rayne,
I am so sorry for your loss. Losing one's mother is truly the most difficult trial to endure. My mom died of colon cancer also (15yrs. ago) It was so difficult to watch her throughout this draining cancer that took every fiber of her bieng, she went down to 65 lbs.. My children were 6 and 4 at the time...they too will never know thier wonderful gramma. Tears came easily, and often the first few years after her death. She was truly my best friend. Not a day goes by that I do not think of her, and like you I regret all that she has missed out on with my children. I am a woman of faith, and I know without a doubt that we will once again be reunited...and that is what helps me to survive. I too look in the mirror and see her staring back at me....I feel the depth of your pain...I remember feeling so distraught when I would see mother's and daughters out together...very painful. I do know Rayne, that time heals the pain and solitude...it truly does. We go on for our childrens sake, and even for our own sake....not easy, but inevitable. Please know that even though your mother is no longer by your side, that she is always within you, and she is proud of who you are, and how strong you are. I don't need to tell you that....but writing it to remeber it even brings me comfort.
Take care