View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 08:13 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: anxiety and fibro

welcome welcome,
anxiety is an aspect of all our lives. during hard times, stressful years it comes as it must, to be expressed. fibro loves to eat your stress and spit out tons of pain. getting a handle on the stress and anxiety will help reduce the pain some. there is no magic fix. not even a head shrinker can do that.
i am one of the fortunate few who do not require antidepressants or deal with depression. however, when i got hit with fibro, the first of many goodies to later appear, i got my fanny to a head shrinker. not because i thought i was nuts. i knew without help and guidance i would soon go batty. i needed new coping skills to adapt to the new every changing me. i spent 9 years learning and learning.
these days i have healthy boundaries with all the people i love.
have patience with your body and mind. it takes time to learn, grow, evolve. gift yourself with the same compassion you would gift to another.
know you are not alone. so many of us do deal with depression.
peace,
bluelakelady