View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 11:20 AM   #1
(female)

Teiger HB User
Hi! New to this forum.

Good day everybody! I found this doing a search for other health things and it looks like a great group here.

I have been smoke free since September 8, 2005. I quit on the patch. I had a previous quit from November of 2002 to December of 2003 and started smoking again. I had unsuccessful attempts at quitting between December of 2003 and September of 2005 and really thought I would die a smoker. I smoked 2 packs a day for most of the 24 years that I smoked.

My parents both died of lung cancer and were both smokers at one point in their lives. I have a 12 year old son and have been married to my husband since 1991 and want to have a long life with him and also see my son group up and enjoy his life, maybe grand babies some day for me!

Life is so short and you are never sure when your time is up. I want to enjoy life smoke free and get healthy. I had 23 months yesterday smoke free and that is the longest I have stayed smoke free.

I also belong to other smoke cessation support groups online and they have been a great resource and support to me this time around.

Nice to be here and hope to get to know some of you and support you on your journey to stay smoke free. I know I could not have quit without some help and support.

Karen

Last edited by Teiger; 08-11-2007 at 03:56 PM.