Did you ever find a diagnosis/solution to this? I have similar symptons - swollen tongue, lisp, hard to speak. Also think it may be tied to excessive salt.
Originally Posted by Hamilton92
My tongue and the back of my throat are swollen today and it feels really weird when I eat or drink anything.
Even my speech is impaired a little bit today. It almost sounds like I have a lisp today because my tongue is swollen.
I woke up today with a really dry throat as I always do from acid reflux and allergy drainage all night long.
I slept with the warm air humidifier and vicks liquid in the humidifier to help me breathe better and it just makes me feel better when I do sometimes.
But today the back of my tongue feels really weird, I can't tell from looking in the mirror that my tongue is swollen but when I open my mouth and look in the mirror the back of my throat down the sides of my throat like behind my tonsils sticks out and is really swollen today.
I don't have a sore throat. My throat is a little red but like I said from acid reflux and allergies it always is.
I still have my tonsils but they are not swollen or painful or anything else.
What is going on? Its really scary. Its gotten a bit worse as the day has went on. I am scared that its going to swell up so much and cut my air off.
I haven't eaten or drank anything that I don't always eat or drink anyway that could cause an allergic reaction.
I ate some potato chips last night and my tongue felt really raw like if you have eaten too much salt and the salt just irritates and almost burns your tongue. It was that sort of feeling. But I had only eaten some cream of chicken soup before that and just ate a small handful of chips so I definitely didn't overdo the salt.
I also dyed my hair last night but I do that every 6 months usually but I did try a different brand than usual. I hope that the dye or maybe the amonia smell didn't irritate my throat and mouth and cause the swelling.
I am thinking of every scenario I can think of that would have caused this.
What can I do to get the swelling to go down? It is a really scary feeling.
Has anyone ever experienced a swollen tongue? How severe was it? Did you go to the doctor or hospital it had gotten too bad?
Please post and thank you all.