View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 06:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
Re: Help Wanted: Endometriosis

I am sorry for what you are going through...I can totally relate to you...
I have been dealing with endometriosis for over 18 years...I have had 4 surgeries directly related to endometriosis..including last week when I had a hysterectomy... I am 43 soon to be 44 years old....

in 1989 I had a laparotomy to diagnose the endo...I had 3 huge cysts removed... 2 of them completely surrounded my ovaries and one was behind my uterus...all about fist sized... I went on Synarel to stop my cycle for about 6 months ...you can only do that one time... all the while wondering if I would ever have kids... by some miracle I did have my daughter in 1992...
in 1996 I had a laparscopy to remove my gall bladder AND to clean out endometriosis... then last year I started to develop fibroids as well as I had a polyp.... I had a D&C and they removed and tested the polyp...luckily cancer has never been a threat... but the 4 fibroids of last year became 6 this year AND growing...PLUS the endo... I am no where near menopause which would be my only hope of natural relief at this point so I decided that was it...I have had enough....I had a hysterectomy with one ovary removed last Wednesday...this has actually been the easiest of all the surgeries I have been through..the least painful... I am pretty mobile...just cant do too much yet...but fully expect to return to work the 4th...
for me..it was the best decision I could make... I was done having children..not sure if I could have had another one anyway...
I certainly understand about feeling held captive by your body....this is what I chose to do and whay my dr felt was the best thing...it may or may not be the best decision for you.... but just wanted you to know there are others out there dealing with all of these female problems/issues and we "get" it

Good luck to you and I hope that it all works out for you....talk to another doctor and get another opinion if you feel you arent getting the right help from your current one...

I wish you well!