View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 04:32 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

thaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB User
Re: Dont know what to do.

Hi,Lady Fair Hair,
I am writing again because obviously you have started to make some decisions here.
So, that is good. But I wanted to remind you of some truths which we all forget when we are in long term relationships: We tend to have very high expectations of what the grass looks like on the other side of the fence..
( Personally I prefer the devil I know...)
You say: " I dont know what being in love with someone is...or at least CRAZy about someone that is crazy about you BACK>>>> Is that even possible?" Of course it is possible but do you think it lasts?
I may sound pessimistic, but I have been around long enough, I am 46, to know that this notion of being madly in love, exists mostly in women's fantacies...
I know you can find it, and I have, and it is really beautiful when it happens. But, Alas, it doesn't last.....!!! Not because there is something wrong with the relationship, but only because it grows and matures and changes and so do people... So to expect that you will find what you are looking for and live happily ever after should remind you of your teenage dreams and not of real life and real people.
I thought I should mention this. Please forgive me if I am putting the lid on your excitement....