View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 06:01 AM   #1
(female)

jambo44 HB User
Unhappy mentally drained

I just found this meesage board and thank GOD!! I need some advise please. Eight months ago my B-I-L asked me if I would quit my job of 8 years
$17/hr, full benefits ins, paid vacation and move in with him and my sister & there 15yr old. My sister is terminally ill, type 1 diabetes, transplants and very weak and uncapable of maintaining a 5 bedroom house. She was in the hospital almost once a week or the EMT was called because of low sugar. My BIL and neice were so stressed out and always worried that they would come home one day and find her gone. I am 11 months younger than her and we are best friends. Talked on the phone everyday and she also has my right kidney. My five year old and I lived with my mother and I decided to make the move. My BIL has his own business and he makes good money. I didn't have to worry about money, room & board were free, no bills, and a man around was a benefit for my son. Things were pretty stressful getting moved and settled, my sister was sleeping all day, staying up all night, and not in a good mental state. After 8 major surgeries, she was tired and very depressed, which didn't help her physically. I was cleaning up after everyone, doing laundry, groceries, cooking and running the kids to and from school. Plus keeping track of my sisters dr appointments. She had Three different Doctors, an hour away, monthly bloodwork, 12 different medications, and I had my hands full. Within a month, her spirits came to life and she was getting much stronger and doing much better. So much better that she could threw on a pair of ice skates, less than 2 minutes she was down with a shattered wrist!!! Depressed again and irritated with life!!! Another Doctor. She's back to health again , hasn't been in the hospital once since I moved here. The other day she was served divorce papers. She will be well taken care of, but I have nothing in writing as to my job description or any contract of employment. My BIL was throwing me $300-$400 every other week for expenses and whatever. Now he is giving me nothing and I'm being screwed. I have a hunch that he had this planned before he asked me to move in. He couldn't leave her alone. Now that I'm here, he's okay with leaving. Anybody have a clue as to what my next move is? He never put me on payroll or insurance. I trusted him in good faith.

Last edited by jambo44; 09-07-2007 at 06:56 PM.