View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 06:17 PM   #2
(female)

teri1978 HB User
Exclamation Re: Postherpetic Neuralgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffSS View Post
Hello All I am new to the site. It looks like it might be very helpful. This was the only board that seemed remotely related to my situation. I am currently recovering from Shingles and Postherpetic Neuropathy, have gone through scores of drugs such as Gabapentin (Neurontin), Percocet, Vicodin,
Clonazepam, Citalopram (Celexa), Divalproex (Depakote), Venlafaxine (Effexor). And a few others . It wears ya out! The Shingles are gone, but the
Postherpetic Neuropathy, or PHN is still very much here. I've had this since
January 15 of this year and I was just wondering and hoping that there's
someone else out there to share support with. Thanks,

GriffSS Mike
I am new to this health board also. First all started with undiagnost lower back and leg pain, for 2 yrs I had lots of test xrays, mri, bone scans, emg, saw @ 6 drs then i had another mri finally something shows up ,bad disks arthritis blah blah,,, well in the mean time i develop shingles smack dap in the middle of my butt, so now i also have PHN to deal with on top of everything and reacurring shingles, it just sucks so bad i am only 47. I kinda blame my dr.
for the shingles i kept telling him how much pain i was in, i dont know if he didn't believe me cuz all my test were ok for so long and he wouldn't prescribe nothingfor pain cuz he doesn't believe in it!!!!! finally i went into pain mgmt. got the shots, put on medication, lyrica and vicodin, it helps, but there has been so much physical and (mental damage done from chronc pain)
Its been 4 yrs of hell and i dont think i will ever get much better, i wuold be happy if i could just walk with out looking like an idiot well gotta go i could go on all night but i wont Thanks Take Care