View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
(female)

andrea07 HB User
Re: Hello I am New to this Board looking for feedback Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticker View Post
Hi Andrea, welcome to the board!

Below is a Lyme symptom list. You can have any combination of symptoms.

Unexplained fevers, sweats, chills, or flushing
Unexplained weight change--loss or gain
Fatigue, tiredness, poor stamina
Unexplained hair loss
Swollen glands
Sore throat
Testicular pain/pelvic pain
Unexplained menstrual irregularity
Unexplained milk production: breast pain
Irritable bladder or bladder dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction or loss of libido
Upset stomach
Change in bowel function-constipation, diarrhea
Chest pain or rib soreness
Shortness of breath, cough
Heart palpitations, pulse skips, heart block
Any history of a heart murmur or valve prolapse?
Joint pain or swelling
Stiffness of the joints, neck, or back
Muscle pain or cramps
Twitching of the face or other muscles
Headache
Neck creeks and cracks, neck stiffness, neck pain
Tingling, numbness, burning or stabbing sensations, shooting pains
Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
Eyes/Vision: double, blurry, increased floaters, light sensitivity
Ears/Hearing: buzzing, ringing, ear pain, sound sensitivity
lncreased motion sickness, vertigo, poor balance
Lightheadedness, wooziness
Tremor
Confusion, difficulty in thinking
Difficulty with concentration, reading
Forgetfulness, poor short term memory
Disorientation: getting lost, going to wrong places
Difficulty with speech or writing
Mood swings, irritability, depression
Disturbed sleep-too much, too little, early awakening
Exaggerated symptoms or worse hangover from alcohol

It is very important to see a kowledgeable doctor. Many doctors do not understand Lyme and treat with outdated protocols. Lyme needs continuous, aggressive treatment. The sooner you get proper treatment, the better.

Besides Lyme, ticks can also transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, two types of Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. Many people who have Lyme are co-infected. It may affect treatment choice and progress. It is important to be tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA. Have you been tested for these? Many Lyme doctors believe the co-infections need to be treated first for Lyme treatment to be effective. This was true in my case.

If you need a doctor recommendation, let us know.

How will you be doing the infusions since the PICC line was removed? Many people do infusions at home. It seems scary and overwhelming in the beginning, but it is really easy once you get the hang of it.

What kind of reaction did you have to the Rocephin? Are you aware of the Jarisch-Herxheimer Reaction (herx)? Often, when people who have Lyme take antibiotics, their symptoms become worse or they get new ones. When the antibiotics kill the bacteria, toxins are released making them feel sicker. It can be very scary when it happens, but it is a good sign the antibiotics are working. Although it can vary individually, many people experience this at the beginning of treatment and every three to four weeks.

During treatment, it is a good idea to document your symptoms daily. One way to do this is to list the three main symptoms you have each day and a numerical rating of their severity, from 1-10. Over time when you review this, you can see when your herxes occur and how you are responding to the meds.

It is also important to learn as much as possible. I recommend reading Dr. Joseph Burrascano's 2005 Diagnostic Hints and Treatment Guidelines For Lyme and Other Tick Borne Illnesses (on-line). He is one of the top Lyme doctors in the country, and many Lyme doctors follow his protocols. I also recommend the book "Everything You Need To Know about Lyme Disease
(2nd edition)" by Karen Vanderhoof-Forschner.

Hang in there okay? Good help is available, and you are not alone.
Ticker,

Thank you for replying to my posting, I am not sure I am replying correctly I chose quote reply?? The list you sent me was very benificial thank you, my brother found a list with all of the symptoms mentioned on line also. I have been experiencing most of them in variuos forms since I begin feeling sick. I have co-infections w/babesiosis and ehrlichiosis. I did experience the herx after 4 treatments on the Rocephin, thank you for the suggestion on keeping a daily document of the symptoms. The reason I ws put on the cefotaxime is my gallbladder was removed a couple of years ago and Iwas experiencing pain like a gallbaldder atack on the rocephin and they stopped the rocephin.

I have not had any treatments since last Tuesday and I am feeling pain in my back and elbows and knees and my skin hurts and I have the numbing back in my hands and feet and my brain is not functining the way it should I have been waking up feeling very hung over and I dont drink, I ache pretty much all over for the past copule of days. The DR who is treating me is good he is from back east and lives in Santa Fe, NM now. I spent a couple of hours on thephone yesterday with the insurance company, they are going to put another port in my chest or arm area and they will pay for all the supplies and stuff associated with it but the antbiotic itself. The doctor is having to send in a written refferal for thie med. The Dr's name in Santa Fe is Daniel Kinderlehrer MD. I am also taking mepron and artimisinnin for one of the co-infections. I am being monitered by a Dr. White who lives in Taos for the infusions but they are both working for me so far. I will look up online what you have suggestd.

I guess I have been concerned about not being treatd right now but I am also feeling it is giving me time to gound myself to continue on with treatments wnen they do start up again.

My arms are aching fromtyping again I am going to stop, I would like to get reccomndations on doctors in my area to see if the dr i am seeign is on the list. I a so gratful finding this posting board I do not feel so alone.

andrea07