View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 08:53 PM   #3
(female)

AmyTx HB User
Re: chromosome disorder??

it sounds like a variation of klinefelter syndrome... my adopted son has XXXY syndrome.. he has 2 extra female chromosones.. you can do a search on ****** for 48,xxxy syndrome variant of klinefelters. they do have behavioral issues among other things.. if you want to message me you can... but i was told it can be genetic.. but since he is adopted and most likely sterile it wont matter... the more x's the more prevelance there is for retardation..

Klinefelter's Syndrome is a genetic disorder that happens in 1 in every 500 to 1000 male births. Instead of the normal XY chromosomes, these individuals have and extra X chromosome making them XXY. The normal human genetic make up is 46XY. Males usually have one X and one Y chromosome, i.e. the chromosome constitution 46,XY. Males with Klinefelter's syndrome have two X chromosomes (47-XXY), in rare cases three (48-XXXY) or four (49-XXXXY) X-chromosomes. The X-chromosomes carry genes in terms of development of testicles, sex hormone production and physical sex development in general as well as to a certain extent also height growth. The extra chromosome(s) results in a series of issues
Klinefelter's Syndrome Symptoms
Small Firm Testicles
Low Testosterone
Infertility
Incomplete Masculinization
Female Body Hair Distribution (Sparse facial, armpit, and pubic hair)
Decreased Libido

Low Energy
Developmental Delays
Difficulty with Motor Skills
Impaired Language / Speech Skills (especially with expressive language)
Learning Disabilities
Normal or High IQ
Social Interaction Difficulties
ADHD (Attention Deficient Hyperactivity Disorder)
Impulse Control Disorder
Depression
Low Self Esteem

i heard testoserone therapy at puberty is good too.... i hope this helps... you can message me here...