View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 11:22 AM   #1
(male)

hippydave HB User
do i have any chance of being prescribed provigil in the uk?

hi,
has anyone heard anything about this drug being prescribed in the uk for m.e./cfs? i've just searched this board and all or most people who've mentioned taking it seem to be in the states. i gather the more accepted uses for provigil are for narcolepsy and sleep apnoea, but i have a friend (also in the uk) who's recently been prescribed it for fatigue related to her m.s. and it's really helping her. do i have a hope in hell of getting the doc to give me it for m.e.?

i took one provigil a few hours ago (for the sake of argument, let's assume that i just found it somewhere), and i can't remember the last time i felt this good. just alert, slightly energetic (but not in a buzzy stimulant kind of way - even caffeine wires me unpleasantly so this is much better than that) rather than the usual fatigued and lethargic. obviously i can't tell if i'd have any problems with it in the longer term like bad crashing or difficulty sleeping, but i'd really like the chance to try it out properly and see.

so, is it worth me asking my doctor? is it worth me asking a few doctors in the hope of one saying yes? is it even worth me suddely developing sleep apnoea...?